Thursday, February 20, 2014

Vacant Hearts Status Update

For those of you who don't know, my first story, Vacant Hearts is a trilogy.  As I work on the story, I will give status updates to tell you how I'm doing.  Currently, book one is nearly complete.  I'm working on the edits and a cover and it should be published very soon.  I hope to announce it within the next week or so.

When you're writing your own book, please make sure that you have someone available to read your book and find errors.  In my mind, it's vitally important to find as many as you can before you publish.  A book riddled with typos and misspelled words tells a reader that you care so little about your work that you can't be bothered to proofread it.  If you don't care, why should they?  It's been said before, but I'll say it now in big shouty caps so that you know I'm serious.  DON'T PROOFREAD YOUR OWN WORK.

Now, understand that I proofread my own work.  I want to find as many errors as I can by myself.  Having said that, I also have others proofread as well.  The more, the better.  You know what you want to say in your story.  That means you're likely to read what's in your mind, even if that's not what you wrote.  I tend to get me and my mixed up.  I don't know why, but I see that error a lot in my work.

That's my message of the day.  Have someone proofread your work for you.  Your book will be all the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment